• Hi Guest!
    If you enjoy and benefit from your participation at British Car Forum, please consider supporting our efforts with a subscription.

There are some perks with a member upgrade!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

Fun with "go paperless!"

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Bronze
Just got this from one of my "healthcare providers". (We used to call them "doctors".)

Read all instructions before clicking the link (below) to register for your new paperless account!

1. Click on "Create an Account". on next screen, click the Green "DHC" button. Create a log in. Record this for Later Use.
2. Create a Password, enter on two lines.
3. Enter your email twice.
4 You will then be directed to a screen to log in using your new Log In and Password. SAVE THIS NEW LOG-IN PAGE TO YOUR "FAVORITES" or "BOOKMARKS".
5. Continue on until prompted for your four digit invite code: THIS IS THE YEAR OF YOUR BIRTH. Your account is not complete until after entering your 4-digit invite code.
6. You will receive verification that you have been connected to our cloud-based system.
7. Now you can begin the registration process.

In addition, once you are registered, you can use an HIR application to be able to manage and share your health information, we recommend Medlib. Follow the link to create a Medlib account.

Thank you for signing up!

:wall:

Even if real, I have a mental block against putting things like this out there, too easy to be stolen. I see alerts nearly every day for software faults that allow bad types to break or trick their way in. I may be old fashioned, but the fewer places my personal and account's information is, the better. Even if the young folks see it as inconvenient and slower.

Bonkers.

Interestingly we are currently having the opposite issue. Mrs JP has a small 401k that we are trying to cash in and I receive a small pension from when we lived in the USA. We can submit info for the 401k by email but they only correspond by snail mail - average letter arrival time 2+ weeks. It is dragging and dragging.

OTOH while the actual pension process has been painless I don't have access to the website because I don't live in the country - soooo much more complicated.

Oh and, a number of months ago we opened a USA dollars account at our local back so we wouldn't have to pay the exchange rate to convert to CDN and then back to USD when we travel. No problem until we were in the USA and couldn't access the funds. :censored1: Got home, called the bank. 'Oh no sir, you can't use this account in the USA' <WHAT!!!> You need a USA dollar account with our USA - same name - bank. OK got that, assume it will work - 'but sir you can't access THAT account in Canada. :censored1:. So now we have to keep both - one to use with a separate debit card in the USA and the other to transfer money into is we want to take cash out before we leave.

I know it is all about cartels and money laundering - but sheesh.

Back