• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fall Leaves

D

DougF

Our Triumph Club had it's annual Fall Leaf Tour today. About 70 miles of beautiful roads. The leaves were very marginal for most of the trip but made up for it in the final 1/4 of the drive.
Beautiful weather. Great top down driving. Hopefully, there will be several more of these weekends before the temperatures turn.

OP
V

vagt6

Doug, I know that W. PA is a very beautiful place to see the fall leaves. Not unlike down here in VA, I think.

Please post photos if you have them. Our leaves down here are just beginning to change on the mountain ridges. But, the severe drought here will undoubtedly make the colors less spectacular than usual.

Sounds like a great show.

Cheers to all our "yankee" friends in PA. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

tomshobby

Yoda
Shirley and I took a drive for about 300 miles yesterday through some of our favorite area here in Wisconsin. Like Doug found much of the color was also marginal. But we had a lot of fun anyway. I found a cemetery in a little unincorporated town that has many of my ancestors in it. Also got the contact information for the records keeper. Being a genealogist that was a great find.
We see a lot of bald eagles along a drive next to the Mississippi River and have been trying to get some photos. With the car motion and the sometimes brief opportunities it is a challenge. Yesterday we had one only about 50 feet above the car gliding in full wing spread. Beautiful and turned out funny. We did not spot it right away. When we did Shirley scrambled to get the camera ready and was so excited that she was fumbling considerably. She finally got the camera ready and we started getting ahead of the eagle. There was traffic behind us so I could not just jam the brakes. Shirley tried to follow the eagle overhead and to the rear and her cap started to blow off. Then she was grabbing for her cap and trying to get a photo at the same time. We have photos but the eagle isn't in them. Always next year.

2wrench

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
COL (Chuckle out loud)... I just made that one up.

Tom, I envision your experience. So much the beauty
you describe and I'm glad to hear you appreciate it.

One concern in chasing photo ops with bald eagles,
though, is be careful not to crash. I anticipate
meeting you one day if you should ever arrive on the
west coast.

AweMan

Jedi Knight
Our fall leaves are covered in snow!

DanNagy

Jedi Trainee
The leaves are just starting to turn in a few places here in Seoul, but a drive in the countryside is difficult to do. It takes hours just to get out of the city. They have bus trips to go look at the fall leaves so that you don't need to bother with battling traffic. Korea is a mountainous country and painted with fall colors. We have had a lot of rain this year and the leaves may be extra nice this year. Too bad I will miss seeing them, but I will be able to enjoy a Pennsylvania fall.

tomshobby

Yoda
2wrench, we try to be careful on the road. People don't seem to respect these LBC's very well anyway. Just about got hit by a bobble head dame tonight. She was in the center lane and just turned across our lane to make a right turn. I am sure she never even looked so it was a good thing I was watching her.

Anyway we just got back from a drive up into central Wisconsin today and the color was better there. And no snow like AweMan. We have only had one light frost this year. But I also remember a foot of snow on Oct 10th too. That will be our last longer drive this season. Might be one or two shorter ones yet but the weather is changing fast now.

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Nice day for a ride in Ct. today ! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif
The weather was perfect sunny 70* light winds near the shore in East Haven (Staven) the foliage is not yet at it's peak here, so it looks like we'll get in a few more rides before the big sleep!
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif
DSC01531.jpg

kc_doyle

Jedi Trainee
Wisconsin was late to turn this year. The next week or so is suppose to be rain and nasty. Right now the colors are at the peak around Wautoma. However, by the time the Rain and the nasties go away I'm afraid that the color will be gone too. Been wanting to get out but haven't had the chance, weather and all.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
just a tad before peak here. we're a bit late too.
Mu TR2 is still a pile of pieces so we made due with the ol' CJ today. Upper 70s and georgous!
1681764004_6be47c56b6.jpg

1681757044_b373c6472b.jpg