• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Embarrassing stories

mctriumph

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
The photo shoot disaster posted earlier, reminded me of a bad photo shoot we had once.
Our club at one time held a" driving Rodeo" event in a state parking lot we had gotten permission to use
on weekends. All the trials were quite slow events, first or reverse gear. Each event started and ended
on a line and was timed. There was a "garage" laid out to drive into and turn around in (pylons )
There was backing though a slalom of pylons with tennis balls, Lots of fun stuff.
So naturally the local TV station wanted to film some of the action for the news. So my foolish(younger)
self , let the camera man & assistant ride along on a demo of one of the challenges in my Tr3. It all went well and the
camera man handled my easy going driving up to the point where I stopped on the line. Not abruptly really,
but the weight of the TV camera was enough to pitch the cameraman off his perch behind the seat into the
windscreen ! He was unhurt(thank you lord) and I had been meaning to replace the glass in anycase. However
SUPER embarrassing thing to happen to say the least!!
Mad dog

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Just curious - what's with the "Mad dog" at the bottom of your posts?

Basil

Administrator
Boss
One of my favorite embarrassing stories (not the only one) has to do with my wedding when I married current / only wife in 1975.
I was in the Air Force (A1C) and stationed at Malmstrom AFB in Great falls.

I had taken a few days of leave to go to Twin Falls Idaho and get married and have a honeymoon, etc. I planned to wear my dress uniform, which was basically my blues with a white shirt and small black bow tie. As I was packing, I realized that I could not find my black bow tie! At this time, the clothing sales store on base was closed, so I was in a panic! I was about to drive to Twin Falls and get married the next day.

So, I started calling friends who I worked with and finally got hold of "Steve." I asked him if he had a black bow tie I could borrow and he replied that, while he didn't have the exact black tie to wear with the uniform, he had a dark blue tie and he insisted no one would notice. I was desperate, so I drove to his house and picked up his tie - a huge blue velvet monstrosity that you might see on a bad lounge singer in a leisure suit.

But I had no choice and at this point just took his tie and headed to Twin Falls. The wedding was the next day! I did check around some shops in Twin Falls, but could not locate a better bow tie.

So there I was, standing at the alter, as my wife-to-be started walking down the aisle with her Dad. When she saw me, she instantly burst into laughter that she could not control. She was laughing so hard she was crying. Somehow we got through the ceremony and have been happily married ever since. No, I will not post any pictures of me in that Bozo the Clown tie! To this day, we still laugh about that wardrobe fiasco!

Last edited:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Come on Bas, you know how the internet works, photos or it didn't happen.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Cooky and Bozo waiting for the groom to arrive -

Bob_bell_bozo_roy_brown_cooky_1976.JPG

:jester:

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
About 30 years ago while living in New York, one day I was taking the subway with a friend. Sitting on a bench was a man who really looked like he was "down on his luck".. and we decided to give him a dollar or two to help out. Apparently he wasn't looking for donations and gave us quite the look. Quite red faced, we jumped on the next train even though it wasn't going our direction just to get out of that station.

OP
mctriumph

mctriumph

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
What about the injury claims for hurt in a car on state property? We were all embarrassed,
and I never saw any of the video the event.
Mad dog