• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dealer Service Manual

wannatr4a

Freshman Member
Country flag
Can anyone point to where I can find a dealer service manual, I have one for the TR4 with supplements for the 4A, and recently found out that there is also one for the 5,250 and 6, it's a three ring binder with the different sections separated in tab forum. any assistance will be deeply appreciated.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
You would have to buy one of the factory manuals and break the binding and punch holes in the paper to make your own sections.

Or you could buy the CD and print your own pages on pre-punched paper.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Do you have a hard drive copy of the manual?

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Oh, I've seen the original manuals in the binders Randall, but I've never seen anyone who owns one will to part with it.

When I think of the manuals and parts and test equipment that we threw away in 1978 after the dealer got sick of the parts room being cluttered with Triumph inventory and just wrote it off, It makes me sick today. He had dropped Triumph in 1970, but kept servicing the cars for a few years.

I think we dropped about 20 original new Laycock pressure plates in a scrap metal bin. And we dumped at least three Lucas gauge calibration testers in the beautiful oak boxes. And that was after the guys picked over everything that they wanted for there own stashes.

Sigh...........memories.........

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
Brosky said:
I think we dropped about 20 original new Laycock pressure plates in a scrap metal bin. And we dumped at least three Lucas gauge calibration testers in the beautiful oak boxes. And that was after the guys picked over everything that they wanted for there own stashes.

Sigh...........memories.........

:cryin: :cryin:

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
DNK said:
Do you have a hard drive copy of the manual?
I don't; just a hard copy Bentley reprint.

But then I've never owned a TR6 and have no plans to start.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
If he had on his hard drive, why wouldn't he just print it instead of asking us about it? :devilgrin:

OP
wannatr4a

wannatr4a

Freshman Member
Country flag
I have two manuals, The Bentley "complete official triumph TR6 & TR250, Triumph TR6 Repair operational manual, I just wanted to add it to these two, also trying to locate as much TR PI information, and sources for parts, and hopefully some one locally that would be able to rebuild my throttle bodies. I purchased a partial system from a guy in Australia who said it was complete, but is not. I do not have my 6 as of yet, but will be doing my best to bring it too Euro Spec, once I find it,(except for RH drive). thanks for all the advice, how about the spares catalouge, particularly covering 1968-72, looking for a Six between 69-72. Depending on the price, I really do want one of the manuals.

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The owner of TRF has a TR5.... perhaps he might be able to help.

atgordon

Freshman Member
I have a Bentley TR6 manual, and a softcover TR250, TR5, TR6 official BL Manual, and although the page format is different (BL is landscape, Bentley is portrait), the content is identical as far as I can tell.

In terms of PI info, both are as good as it gets ... but there is a lot of the PI inner workings that are not addressed by the BL type manuals, largely since the injection was a Lucas item. If you want to know more on PI matters, and how to retro fit a unit, have a look at some notes I put together a few years back when I converted my 72 to run on a PI system brought back from the UK: TR6 PI Conversion Notes