• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Christmas Day weather alert!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Friends a bit N.E. of you are planning a run to N.J. for Christmas day. I'm trying to dissuade 'em. Glare ice under snow makes for some "interesting" driving challenges.
We are supposed to drive to the suburbs of Philly tomorrow morning for a family function. When we leave it will be in the 30’s in the late afternoon when we return it will be in the teens 🥶
We (the boss lady and me) might back out due to icy conditions.
You are giving your friends good advice.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I thought it was great - don't have to go anywhere for the next few days.
I got a call from the infectious disease Doctor's office,informing me that I have a 9 AM
appointment tomorrow.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Pretty serious conversation for the “Humor” section.
Everyone stay SAFE.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Just south of you, Port Charlotte. And that should have been house rather than hose Doug.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Just south of you, Port Charlotte. And that should have been house rather than hose Doug.
Should be warmer than freezing down there at least. Any damage from that storm? Friends just south in Englewood were extremely lucky. No surge damage and only minor wind issues. Ma Nature's been wicked lately!

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks for asking Doc. Relatively little damage. I think 3 roof tiles and the kevlar lanai screens held although some of the aluminum frames got bent. He thought most of the major damage reported was older homes. He thinks they have raised the building code requirements in recent years due to the storms. Worst part seems to be getting insurance claims finalized. I suppose the adjusters are pretty busy.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
He thinks they have raised the building code requirements in recent years due to the storms. Worst part seems to be getting insurance claims finalized. I suppose the adjusters are pretty busy.
Yep. we JUST put a new roof on th' Hovel, "Miami spec's". S'posed to bear up to 150 MPH winds... hope to never have it tested!

Inspectors and adjusters are busier'n a cat coverin' its *stuff* on a concrete floor!

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
The iguanas will be dropping from the trees around here over the Christmas weekend.
1672275859622.png