• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Christmas Day weather alert!

Country flag
Round here they're telling us to expect really cold temps starting Thursday and rain turning to light snow. But winds up to 70mph could make the weekend look like blizzard conditions. Merry Christmas!!.....

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Round here they're telling us to expect really cold temps starting Thursday and rain turning to light snow. But winds up to 70mph could make the weekend look like blizzard conditions. Merry Christmas!!.....
We're due for some of that down here! Weather weasels are talking temps near freezing and winds to accompany.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Just wait a few hours - it'll change ...

Weather2.png

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
8 degrees F tomorrow then some snow, warming up to freezing rain! Don't you just love winter? :devilgrin: They're predicting January will be in the 60s! Well, that's Oklahoma weather for ya. Oh yeah, they're also saying along with the 8 degrees, winds could be in the 30 to 40 mph range, below 0 wind chill! Looks like it's STAY IN THE HOUSE TIME!!!!! Brrrrr.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
8 degrees F tomorrow then some snow, warming up to freezing rain! Don't you just love winter? :devilgrin: They're predicting January will be in the 60s! Well, that's Oklahoma weather for ya. Oh yeah, they're also saying along with the 8 degrees, winds could be in the 30 to 40 mph range, below 0 wind chill! Looks like it's STAY IN THE HOUSE TIME!!!!! Brrrrr.
Wow, our low is going to be a comparatively balmy 29F

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Talking about a once in a century even here (have you noticed they come around every couple of years) :rolleyes: They are calling it a weather bomb which is technically where the barometric pressure drops at least 24 millibars in 24 hours. temp is supposed to go from 4 dec C - to - 6 deg C in a matter of hours - rain to ice covered in snow. We ain't going anywhere

Of course this Friday and Saturday when everyone is travelling.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
2° here today with a 30+ mph north wind today.

20221222_103146.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
That's chilly. When I was a kid and we lived north of Alamosa it would often get that cold. Now that I live in SW Oklahoma again, and deal with the 110°+ summers I'd appreciate more moderate winter weather as compensation.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We were supposed to get freezing rain today,but just got rain.
It's 36 degrees right now.
They also predicted snow for Thursday,but it looks like that won't
happen either.
Yesterday we drove to the Richmond,VA area,& back.I noticed that
there were a lot of convoys of power company trucks heading North.
I'm still curious exactly where they're heading to.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It’s going to be a high of 18 degrees on Saturday.
hey doc…. Grab your shorts and flip flops and head up here :ROFLMAO:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My son just built a hose in Florida to escape the Oklahoma winters. Now says this thing seems to be heading for him. Sounds like putting socks back on may not be enough. Now 7 deg here but forecast for 2 tonight with wind chill around -30.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
It’s going to be a high of 18 degrees on Saturday.
hey doc…. Grab your shorts and flip flops and head up here :ROFLMAO:
Friends a bit N.E. of you are planning a run to N.J. for Christmas day. I'm trying to dissuade 'em. Glare ice under snow makes for some "interesting" driving challenges.

My son just built a hose in Florida to escape the Oklahoma winters. Now says this thing seems to be heading for him. Sounds like putting socks back on may not be enough. Now 7 deg here but forecast for 2 tonight with wind chill around -30.

We're s'posed to see 32° overnight tomorrow and Saturday (west-central, Tampa area) hopefully that temp won't last more than a couple hours each day. Where in the state is your son?