• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Chevette

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Saw one at a stoplight.It was a Rally 1.6 version in near perfect shape,
in that Butterscotch color.

Used to have one (actually a Pontiac T-1000, manual trans)

Ran great until (1) timing belt snapped, (2) distributor self-destructed, and (3) under-dash air conditioner came loose, fell on transmission hump - but kept on cooling.

I remember test driving one in 1975.I came to the conclusion
that my '71 Corolla 1200 was a better car,for less money.

We used to use them as delivery cars. Our company put millions of miles on them. We did not know how bad they were till we switched to Toyota Tercels and found out brakes are important!

Reminds me a bit of the "Citation" which I owned for about a year (purchased new). I bought the hype at the time and had false hope for something that could never be but I suppose it was better than a Pinto? The domestics really failed and presented a perfectly scripted case study for the failure. In my opinion, it began with the typical bloated management ranks all consumed with answering "yes" to any and all in positions to further their quest to be one of the boys. Opened the door wide and very welcoming for the imports from Japan primarily. Throw in the "unions" and the recipe is complete. Often repeated and lessons never learned but creates fantastic opportunities for the future!