• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A cryin' shame....

jhorton3

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That would be quite a challenge. I've seen worse. It all depends on how much you would be willing to invest in bringing it back. Can't really tell from the pics what the reality check is on body panels. Fitting that V8 they've probably hacked the frame there in the engine bay and in the rear to fit a beefier axle.

In it's current configuration it was probably intended to be a drag car. Fitting that V8 so far forward and over the front wheels would make it steer like it had an ox sitting on the bumper.

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
I wish i could see more. The covered dash was available on the coupe,mk2 and twin cams. Its definately not a coupe and lights are wrong for a Mk2. Maybe its just a mismatch bunch of parts. Front does not have knock off wheels like a twin cam...And the rear is not MG. Its a mongural. bob

MGBGT_noob

Jedi Hopeful
More important is the condition of the body and frame.

You can replace any parts that a DPO cuts out, but too much rust means essentially jacking up the VIN plate and sliding a new car underneath.

bill_young

Jedi Warrior
Probably could be undone but would it be worth it? Hard call. I think it would be better left as a conversion and finished properly. At that price it would be reasonable as a starting point for the later. Too much to replace to restore it without the original drive train.

P.S. That's one uuuuugly hard top!

davester

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
The guy wants $4,000 dollars for it. That seems just a little bit unreasonable. I like his description of the condition though..."needs some assembly and interior vinyl". You don't say!