• Hey Guest!
    BCF is a resource offered at no cost to the Little British Car community. We do not require you to pay to play here. However, if you find BCF helpful, appreciate no pop up ads, and you want to ensure we stay online - Please support us with an "optional" low-cost (less than many car club dues) member upgrade. There are some benefits to upgrading!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

24 Hrs of Lemons - Shine Country Classic

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
I recently flagged for the 24 Hours of Lemons first race of 2022 at Barber Motorsports Park. I worked Saturday, over 100 cars were on course for 7.5 hours. I was at the hairpin, turn 6 known as Charlotte's Web because of the large spider sculpture on the outside of the turn. It has been a couple of years since I've worked a Lemons race and I have to say it was fun, also intense, they never stopped coming. They continued racing on Sunday for another 7 hours, but with a lunch break.
Some of the cars were pretty interesting and well engineered. The weapon of choice was either a BMW E30 or a 1980 - 2005 Acura.
The unofficial results were #1 2002 Acura RSX (#43), #2 1990 Honda Civic (old race car), #3 1999 Mercedes SLK230 (yellow #170 in pics), and 1970 AMC AMX (#6).
More on my favorite car below.

Obligatory British car connection, a TR8 that I've seen in both Lemons and vintage races in the southeast.

IMG_3045a.jpg

And now for my favorite and most unusual, a 1961 Borgward Isabella Coupe (German) - think the odd red cabriolet in the Entresto commercials. It had a 5.7L Hemi engine - not the fastest, but it handled well and just kept motoring on.

IMG_3034a.jpg

IMG_3055a.jpg

IMG_3056a.jpg

IMG_3057a.jpg

The rest of the pictures I was able to take during their transponder check out laps can be seen at: Shine Country Classic

Last edited:
cool! and Isabella is high on my want list. Always thought it would meake a great restomod with BMW gubbins.

I really wouldn't call this racing......It's more of a circus at a race track. I've been involved in such races in the past and it's more of a clown festival.....

If I ran one of those I have a hard time not to do some
serious racing.