• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

When??

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
unknown_.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Still waiting here...

DocDup1

Country flag
Today I turn 77 and I am not there yet.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Today I turn 77 and I am not there yet.
Saturday last, orbit 73 completed. Not holdin' my breath for something supposedly sensible to occur.

Peter Pan was right.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Saturday last, orbit 73 completed. Not holdin' my breath for something supposedly sensible to occur.

Peter Pan was right.
congrats BTW

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Old enough to know better
Young enough to do it again.

:ROFLMAO:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Remember what...?

DocDup1

Country flag
Jimmy Buffett is the one constant in my life. At a recent concert I was talking with a young couple who said that everyone knows when Jimmy is in town for a concert because suddenly all of the old guys start wearing flower shirts and drinking margaritas. Guilty!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Jimmy Buffett is the one constant in my life. At a recent concert I was talking with a young couple who said that everyone knows when Jimmy is in town for a concert because suddenly all of the old guys start wearing flower shirts and drinking margaritas. Guilty!
Love it and a fan here also. I will say that Buffett understands being a guy and getting older better than any singer, poet or maybe even author that I can think of. To the point that I wonder why young people even listen to him. If there was ever music you need to be forty to understand, his is it.

:cheers:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've said it before; I was a Parrot Head long before the term was coined. This was one of the shots I made in 1977, a concert in Cleveland, Ohio. There may have been all of 300 folks in the audience, at the downtown Cleveland Theater. He'd cancelled a Pittsburgh appearance the week before due to lack of ticket sales!! We'd been listening to his recordings since '74, had to "special order" the albums though record shops, they didn't keep them in stock.

JB1977.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I wear those shirts all the time!
DocE.jpg

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Love it and a fan here also. I will say that Buffett understands being a guy and getting older better than any singer, poet or maybe even author that I can think of. To the point that I wonder why young people even listen to him. If there was ever music you need to be forty to understand, his is it.

:cheers:
I have to agree with all that but have to add John Prine.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

He played a concert in Charlottesville,VA.I was thinking about attending until
I saw the ticket prices.
I read somewhere where he's a Billionaire now.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
He played a concert in Charlottesville,VA.I was thinking about attending until
I saw the ticket prices.
I read somewhere where he's a Billionaire now.
A long way from the days of a Pink Crustacean!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I have to agree with all that but have to add John Prine.
Funny that I'd never heard of Prine until he died.
Could someone explain why he was so revered,& what songs
he sang that I may have heard of?

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Funny that I'd never heard of Prine until he died.
Could someone explain why he was so revered,& what songs
he sang that I may have heard of?
I was a big fan ever since I firs heard him back in the early 70s
He was probably most famous for 'Angel from Montgomery'.
But the most famous recording of it was by Bonnie Raite.
His songs were the story of the common man.
The last big recording he made was 'In Spite of ourselves' a duet with with Iris DeMent.

bobhustead

Gold
Country flag
Anglia,
An album simply called John Prine, I think (he is sitting on a hay bale on the cover) will probably pull you in. Far From Me is about a failing romantic relationship and concludes " 'Will you still see me tomorrow?' 'No, I go too much to do.' A question ain't really a question when you know the answer too".
Bob

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Woke up this mornin; put on my slippers..." :D