• Hi Guest!
    I don't require that you become a subscribing member - you can enjoy most of what BCF has to offer for free. However, it does cost us to operate this resource and a lot of time and effort goes into running BCF smoothly.
    If you enjoy and benefit from this site, please consider supporting our efforts with a subscription. There are some perks with an upgrade!
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

V8 in a Vixen

Vixen

Freshman Member
Country flag
I have 1971 Vixen that I will be putting a 289 in. I assume I will need to fabricate engine and gearbox mounts unless someone is making them? If anyone has done this ( seems several of people have) let me know if you have any information on how you went about it.
Thanks,
Martin

Would love to see pictures!

Rocky

IMG_1411.jpeg
Here you go.

There are definitely better engine choices out there but at least the 289/302 was available in 1971. I have several other cars with 4 and 6 cylinder engines but looking for something with a bit more grunt. I generally always like my cars as they came from the factory but this car is pretty far gone from its original condition. Thanks for the contact information,
Martin

Not available in a TVR.
You will more than likely experience cooling issues and extreme heat in the cabin.
Would fit a modern four cylinder with a turbo IMHO.
Good luck!

Yes the Vixen never came from the factory with a V8 but almost, ( earlier by a year or two) you could get a Tuscan with the 289. As far as I know the long wheel base Tuscan has the same frame as the Vixen but I am not an expert on this., let me know, thanks,Martin

There is a Tuscan listed on BaT. It is a car that I found many years ago and sold to a friend.
I did see that, pretty sure that will be going for really strong money. I would just do a fiber glass repair from the back and drive it the way it is. It’s great car and as you know very, very rare.

Did the Tuscans have a hatchback rear window? Or are they fixed glass like the Vixens?