• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Keeping one more LBC, and a teenager alive

Col. Mustard

Freshman Member
Country flag
Well I thought my car tinkering days were over 40 years ago when I decided I just wanted to drive my cars and not work on anymore, and so I sold my 57 Chevy Tudor.
Fast forward to 2023 when my 17 year old son says “Dad, I’m sitting on $3,000 of paychecks and I want to buy this motorcycle “. He shows me a picture of a 650cc “rice rocket “. I said “you’ve never ridden a motorcycle in your life!” “I know, it’s a good starter bike”. 🤦🏼‍♂️

As he tells me how great it’s going to be I get out my phone and search for “roadster” on Craigslist. Up pops a root beer colored MGB. I said “tell you what, I’ll match your money if you get a car like this instead”. I show him the picture and he thinks long and hard, then says “I’ll take that deal Dad”.

Well, we didn’t end up with that B, but found a rust free, mustard yellow, rubber bumper Midget instead. Now I have grease under my fingernails and busted knuckles again…

Attachments

• IMG_6321.jpeg
    IMG_6321.jpeg
    407.6 KB · Views: 6

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
great decision and geat time with your son (whether he sees the ulterior motive or not)

:cheers: welcome

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Great decision - and will be a great father-son project to keep it running. Welcome to BCF!