• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Free moving engine hoist!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Free moving engine hoist!.jpg

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Pretty sure I've seen that guy at car shows. He stands about 3 feet tall these days, shaped like a question mark, always admiring tires and never looking anyone in the eye.

Come to think of it, that's most guys I see at car shows. PLEASE, be kind to your back while you can still move it! Lift with you knees (or with an actual hoist), stretch every day, do the twist, take a yoga class!

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Pretty sure I've seen that guy at car shows. He stands about 3 feet tall these days, shaped like a question mark, always admiring tires and never looking anyone in the eye.

Come to think of it, that's most guys I see at car shows. PLEASE, be kind to your back while you can still move it! Lift with you knees (or with an actual hoist), stretch every day, do the twist, take a yoga class!
I am currently waiting an appointment to have Cortisone injections in two lower vertebrae, according to the scan i have two bad arthritic
joints, if this fail i will be having hole drilled at the base of the spine then keyhole to get in there and sort it out,

Where were you with that advice 40 something years ago. I just hope i can get in and out of the lima when its finnished.

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Where were you with that advice 40 something years ago.
Sorry mate, 40 years ago I was in the garage lifting with my back -- I wasn't married to a yoga-phile back then!!

Building core strength (situps, push-ups, crunches, sitting up straight, standing up straight, doing torso twists) is another thing that helps your back a ton. Our yoga instructor says that a strong core can also help keep you from needing a lift chair later.