• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

British steel in the 808 state-

Mikie808

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello All, I am the proud owner of a '73 TR6 that I saw my neighbor bring home when I was a small kid. He was a police officer and the car was for his wife. As I got older, he would chase us around for underage drinking and I would picture myself having that car. It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen, and it sounded awesome going by my house every day.

Fast forward to COVID (many years later). We had become friends and I often commented on "that old car" sitting in their garage. One day, they finally decided that they needed the extra space in their garage and offered it to me. I paid for it and asked them to hold it while I got permission from my "boss." I also had to get rid of a few toys to make space for it. A project was born!

I rebuilt the motor and fixed a few things. I now drive it everywhere and even taught my little girl how to use a clutch. Here are some photos-

Aloha, MH

Attachments

• 1-driver.jpg
    1-driver.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 2-front.jpg
    2-front.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 13
  • 3-passenger.jpg
    3-passenger.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 4-rear.jpg
    4-rear.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 5-engine.jpg
    5-engine.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 6-top.jpg
    6-top.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 12

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
great story indeed! welceom and we are glad you are here

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Let me know if you ever come across a Red '59 Healey 100-6 four seater.
I sold it to the son of Mr. Thomas of Love-Thomas motors,& wonder if it's still
around.It also had chromed disc wheels.

OP
M

Mikie808

Freshman Member
Country flag
Let me know if you ever come across a Red '59 Healey 100-6 four seater.
I sold it to the son of Mr. Thomas of Love-Thomas motors,& wonder if it's still
around.It also had chromed disc wheels.
I will. Funny thing- my car came from Love Thomas Motors which is no longer around. I still have the window sticker. And, (on a different note) Sherrie Love saved my life one day, about 5 miles offshore during a boat race!