• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Axle repair in the middle of the road.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Watching this You Tube video of the repairs I noticed that at 35.20 in the video the print on the spring they are using looks just like the print on the springs I got for my TR3A from the usual suspects. The only difference was the addition of the British Heritage sticker.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
It is truly amazing how these guys work! No goggles grinding! Such primitive methods and old machinery, but they get the job done. :rolleyes2:

JHaydon

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
So. Many. LEAVES!! 🤯 TR springs have what, 3 leaves??

Somebody, please tell me this took place over more than just 24 hours. That's how long it would have taken the experts around here to come back with "okay, here's how we're going to fix it..." But that's also how long it would have taken me to clean out my shorts and figure out who to call to get me out of that mess, so I shouldn't criticize.

Safety equipment tally --
Goggles: None (one handheld face shield and one shielding his face with just his hand)
Steel-toe boots: None (spotted one pair of sandals and one pair of designer loafers though)
Gloves: ONE.

I used to have a stick welder but I threw it out because the best I could do was leave a glob of metal sitting on top of my workpiece. Second-best was to make the stick a permanent part of the workpiece. To do anything that remotely resembles actual welding with a machine like that is absolute wizardry to me.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
The TR3 has 6 leaves. Not as thick or as wide as the ones on the truck. I just noticed that the stenciled number on the truck spring looked exactly like the font on my TR3 springs. My TR3 springs looked like they were made in one of those bac alley work shops. Ends were hacked off and the rebound clips came nowhere near the top leaf. 1/4" gap at least.