• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2013 Watkins Glen Vintage races

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Anyone know the exact date for this?

Thanks
Bruce

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
From the website..."Watkins Glen International announced the Glenora Wine Cellars U.S. Vintage Grand Prix presented by Welliver will return to The Glen for the next three years. In 2013, the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association event will conclude the Watkins Glen International race season September 6-8." https://www.theglen.com

OP
Bruce Bowker

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Thank you. Mini is the featured mark and I hope to be there.

Bruce

OP
Bruce Bowker

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Anyone who has been, any suggestions for a hotel/motel?

Thanks

Bruce

mike_h

I always camp at the track, **** of a party. The traditional hotel associated with Watkins Glen is the Seneca Lodge https://www.senecalodge.com/, about 5 miles from the track. This is where the F1 teams used to stay and party at the bar all night. Book early no matter where you stay, this is a large event.

mike

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I think we should all bunk with Ben (Banjo) in Horseheads. :grouphug: :jester:Or...do like we did and book at the lakeside hotel. Looking forward to all the in-town celebration AND the races at the International Raceway. This year we will get parade laps of both the "old course" and the raceway. Woo Hoo!!!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Bring your cots! We'll all camp in the garage! hahahaha! I wish I had a house big enough to make a real offer for the vintage weekend. Talk about a **** of a party! I'll be up there with the VW in the "Concorsio Speciale" (Fancy name for the oddball group that doesn't fit anywhere else)Make sure to get there for Friday! that's the festival in town, and it's not to be missed. Mini is the marque, There will be literally thousands of them there. I hope to see you all there!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Small change of plans for me. I dragged my feet too long to get in to the Concorso Speciale, but luckily (possibly) for me there were still slots left in the Glenkahna. Here's the rub. My poor old VW is much better suited for the static display of the concorso, than the flogging it's gonna get running the obstacle course of the Glenkahna. But I had already decided that this event was going to be the final major event before I dropped the tired old motor, and gave it a rebuild. So, either the VW is gonna prove it's worth, or go out in a blaze of glory. Either way it should make for a good story. Maybe I should join triple A this week, in case I need a tow.Mehehehehehe

OP
Bruce Bowker

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Just got back. What a great event. Had a fantastic time with the Mini. Stayed at Cook Mansion in Montour Falls. Lovely facility and hosts. Only 7 minutes from the track.

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
AGREE!!! Our event group did a tour thru M Falls and were greeted/viewed by some of the hospital patients. We stayed in the Harbor Hotel, and were able to walk to most places we wanted to see. Had a nice dinner with Banjo & his lovely wife Sat night after a day at the track & 2 parade laps (along with about 150 other vintage cars).